Yeeeah, I Think I'll Go Die Now.

With no access to my craft photos, I offer you up an embarrassing exchange, which took place approximately one month ago:

SCENE: Hockey team Booster Club Christmas party; near the end of the night. I see the team captain, for whom I am scrapbooking, and decide, heart in my throat (because although he's barely older than a teenager and not exactly famous he's kind of a celebrity in my world), to introduce myself and put to rest this crazy anxiety already. He is getting a glass of lemonade when I approach and tap him on the shoulder.

ME: Hi, I'm Amanda. I just wanted to say hi and meet you [ED NOTE: Saying hi IS meeting someone, moron.] because I'm doing your scrapbook this season.

(MY BRAIN: I can't believe I just said that without stumbling over my words! Kind of redundant at the beginning, but still!)

CAP'N: Oh, hi! You're doing my scrapbook, eh [ED NOTE: for he is Canadian, of course]? Did anyone tell you about my scrapbook curse?

ME: Curse? No, what is it?

(MY BRAIN: Please say that you've never gotten a scrapbook because the curse is that no one ever finishes one for you so that my book is the best you've ever gotten because my beginner book is possibly not great.)

CAP'N: Everyone who gets me for scrapbooking gets pregnant while they're working on it. I'm four for four, now.

(MY BRAIN: We... are now discussing sex and/or my uterus. This diverged into strange territory pretty quickly.)

ME: Ha! That's hilarious.

...HUSBAND enters.

ME: This is my husband. He might be interested in hearing about this curse.

CAP'N: [REPEATS CURSE]

HUSBAND: HAAAAA.

ME: Yeah, so... we'll get working on that for ya!!

(MY BRAIN: OMG I JUST TOLD HIM WE WOULD BE HAVING SEX FREQUENTLY. ABORT, ABORT!)

ALL: ...........................

ME: Wow, that was awkward. I don't know why I said that.

ALL: [AWKWARD LAUGHTER]

Fin.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hahahahahahaha

I have sooo stuck my foot in my mouth like that before. I take it you'll be breaking said curse?

And do you scrapbook with real things? I am starting a new album soon and can't for the life of me decide what kind of album I want to do...

amanda said...

Yes, we will be breaking the curse and ruining his stats. I think he'll get over it, somehow. :)

And yes, I scrapbook with real things - mostly pictures and newspaper articles, but also the occasional sticker or promo item (and also, obviously, paper and adornments).