New Year's Quiz 2009

I know the hype over the New Year has been done to death by now, but I thought it would be good to do Linda's New Year's Quiz again this year. Last year's is here.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

I made Thanksgiving dinner for two, went to Vancouver, BC, bought season tickets to a sports team, and made my first and second quilts.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Last year's resolutions were to get into better shape and to open an Etsy shop. I did nothing to work toward either of these things. As previously mentioned, my resolutions for this year are to take more pictures, drink more water, eat out less, plan more meals, and save more money.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My grandmother did.

5. What countries did you visit?

Canada!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

More money, more time for relaxation, more home-cooked meals.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Mmm. None from 2009 stick out, specifically.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Starting and finishing my first quilt.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Forgetting to take pictures of things, big and small.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Many minor instances of each. I am quite accident-prone.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Hockey tickets. Easily the most consistent and regular fun I have.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

No one's springs to mind as being exceptional.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Kanye's. I'mma let you finish.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent, credit card payments, eating out, entertainment, and craft supplies.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Canada. Various hockey wins. Christmas this year. Getting a new job.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

"Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor" by Flight of the Conchords, because I listen to it ALL THE TIME.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Slightly thinner, I think.
c) richer or poorer? Richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Cooking, saving, sewing, traveling, writing.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Eating, complaining, spending, frowning.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Driving, opening gifts with my in-laws, eating dinner, and playing Scattergories.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

Just with hockey.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

30 rock.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Nope!

24. What was the best book you read?

The Lovely Bones.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

The Ting Tings.

26. What did you want and get?

A pearl necklace, the complete series of the Gilmore Girls, a new job, and a food processor.

27. What did you want and not get?

A set of Baggu bags.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I Love You, Man and X-Men Origins: Wolverine

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 24, and it was pretty much a normal day with work and school, but Chris took me out to a late dinner afterward.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

If I had finished my Bachelor's degree in December of '09 instead of '10.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Sweaters and jeans have mostly been my go-to outfits, but I've been making an effort to incorporate different items and accessories.

32. What kept you sane?

Chris, my dogs, and bad TV.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Er. Still confused about the definition of "fancy," but I'll say Jason Segel, because I genuinely like everything he's done so far, and I really enjoyed his Fresh Air interview.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Universal health care.

35. Who did you miss?

My brother and my mom.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Kayla? I think I met Kayla and Jake this year, and they are the coolest.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

A year spent making slow progress is not a year wasted, it just makes for a fairly boring recap.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.


"I love the way you say 'good morning'" -Ingrid Michaelson, "The Way I Am"

No comments: