Radio Static

I failed at Nablopomo.

This, in the wake of everything else that has happened recently, is of extremely small consequence. I am nevertheless disappointed.

My brother-in-law, Matthew, passed away on Wednesday quite unexpectedly. He had just turned twenty-two and was my husband's best friend and brother. He was also recently married and had an infant son. I didn't know him well, but it has hit me hard. It's also been difficult for me to know how horribly I feel and try to imagine how his mother, wife, and brothers are feeling. I simply cannot fathom how deeply they hurt.

All of this is to tell you that I'm here and I'm thinking about blogging, I just can't right now. Maybe I will be back soon, maybe I'll be awhile. I will, however, be back.

6 comments:

shawna said...

I am a member of your sew craft blog and I am so sorry for your loss.
May you find comfort in family and faith in this time of need.
God Bless!
~Shawna

Alicia said...

I am so sorry for your loss and the loss of all those who knew Matthew, especially his immediate family. So rough, especially right before the holidays. You all are in my prayers!

Take this holiday easy, don't put any pressure on yourself that you don't need, and be ready for the crazy emotions that such a loss brings.

Take care of yourself and yours and may you find comfort and peace during this rough time!

- Alicia

Michaela said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
Take care.
Michaela

Becky said...

I'm so sorry. And Alicia's right-- don't put any unnecessary pressure on yourself right now. The blog can wait. Thinking of you and your family.

Rose said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You can always blog when you are ready - that can wait. Take care of yourself.

Swistle said...

This is terrible. I am so, so sorry.