That's What She Said.

Life is funny. I'll save you the hallmark-y stuff about how good things happen when you least expect them and to never fear because life will turn a corner and etcetera, ad infinitum.

Good things are happening to me now, all over the place. First and foremost, a friend is starting her own business (under a very stable contract) and has offered me a position with her that relates to my field of study, lets me work less, and bring in a similar (albeit slightly less, but c'mon, ten hours a week to spend how I please is worth it) income. This means that my stint at my current unstable, obnoxious, uninteresting, too-much-work-for-too-little-appreciation job is coming to a close.

THANK THE GODS.

I cannot begin to tell you how this has begun to change my outlook on just about everything. I feel like I'm finally getting out of the rut I've been in for the last almost two years. This has been the catalyst to me feeling like myself again: I am funky, I am stylish, I am different. I'm not the conservative prep with no personality that I've been dressing as for so long.

So I cut my hair. Seven inches off of it, actually, and I feel amazing. And I'm wearing makeup and earrings and acting like I give a damn about what I look like, because I feel good inside.

These are wonderful things.

In addition, we got a puppy who has been the loviest little thing, and I have been delighting in watching him stumble around and learn and grow. His name is Trumpy, he's a daschund, and pictures are forthcoming.

So... things are good. Everything has been a whirlwind of change for the past couple of months, and I think that I'm finally satisfied with where things are laying. I'll leave it all alone for awhile, and enjoy this satisfaction while it lasts.

1 comment:

TC said...

Congratulations on the new job! It's always good to leave a situation in which you aren't happy for a better one. Enjoy it - and your extra time off! :)