Did Somebody Break A Mirror?

I am sick. I have a cold, or a flu, or something similarly unpleasant. This would normally be something that wouldn't necessarily phase me - it's fall, after all, school is just in session and doesn't EVERYONE get sick right about now? - however, this seems to be the latest in a long line of displeasing or down right obnoxious things to happen. Let us recount:

1. Finding out my job may be in danger.
2. Wedding debacle. Chock full of smaller debacles, this is the big daddy of the badness.
3. Starting school at an institution that is... well, let's call it disorganized. And small.
4. My birthday being the day after school started, and being spent entirely at work and school.
5. That night, tearing my eyeball while taking out contacts with the leftover fake nails from the wedding.
6. Chris got an expensive speeding ticket.
7. This crappy illness.

Seems kind of unlucky, right? I don't know what's going on with my life and/or body, but what I DO know is that I have taken off a shitload of work lately, and I'm kind of afraid to take off anymore (see #1) even though the reasons have all been genuine, excused, and justified (wedding, temporary blindness, and whooping cough).

But is it getting me down? Not especially. I'm aware of the suckiness of the situation, but said suckiness isn't bothering me so terribly. I think it normally would, but I'm still stoked and energized from having seen all of my people so recently, and excited about making new friends at school. There are good things, and for once, it's nice to have that in the front of my mind. Healing!

(In addition, I have some super good news to report: Duckman FINALLY came out on DVD today! I have been waiting for this for so many years. Yessss.)

No comments: