About Amanda.

I am a female in my mid-twenties, originally from Alaska but now living in the desert area of Washington State. I recently got married. Five things about me:

First, I'm a nerd. A big one. I love me some Firefly, nerd culture, words, and computer/gaming lingo.

Second, a huge part of my identity comes from being creative. I personalize almost everything, and I knit and sew. I'm not so great at either yet, but I'm getting there. I collect buttons and postcards.

Third, I love: Kevin Smith and Judd Apatow movies, my dog, Dr. Pepper, typewriters, nuts and chocolate in any combination, vegetables, things that look like other things (those cardboard "bricks" at daycare? Loved 'em. Woodgrain notecards? My favorite.), silver, bare trees in the winter, and polka dots. King of the Hill will always have a special place in my heart. In my fantasy life I would be a graphic designer. In real life, I am going to school to get a degree in social work so that I might eventually become a counselor.

Fourth, I have issues with anxiety and depression, for which I have been diagnosed and prescribed mediation. I am trying to manage these with counseling and education.

Fifth, I have really varied taste in music. A sample playlist includes: Jason Mraz, Dixie Chicks, Jurassic 5, Weezer, Al Green, Frank Sinatra, Tori Amos, Abba, Nirvana, Snoop Dogg, and Shakira. I have a particular affinity for gangster rap and hip hop, even though I'm mostly embarrassed to admit it.

No comments: